Edward JONES (Grocer) Water Street / Beach Road

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Edward JONES (Grocer) Water Street / Beach Road

This post was updated on .
Image of Edward outside 1,2 Water Street: http://www.bangorcivicsociety.org.uk/pages/hpi/BCS00434.htm

c1900 - next to the Menai Foundry

1891 Edward showing as a Grocer
1901 Edward (60yo) Boatmaker Seas?

1911 Ellen (66yo) is showing as a widow and shopkeper/Grocer

Children (from 1901 census) are:
Hugh(21), Ellen(18), Maggie(12).
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Edward JONES (Grocer) Water Street / Beach Road

This post was updated on .
Edward listed as a member of the Fire Brigade c1889

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Edward JONES (Grocer) Water Street / Beach Road

Ellen Jones

logcabinladyz logcabinladyz

Re: Edward JONES (Grocer) Water Street / Beach Road

I'm wondering if this Edward Jones was in any way related to the Hugh Jones who was born about 1806 in Dolgelley (sp?) and was married to Anne Ellis. Who Hugh's or Anne's parents or siblings were I don't know.

Hugh & Anne's son Dr. Edward Jones (I don't know any middle initial) was a physician/surgeon and my 2 x great grandfather. I'm trying to put together Dr. Edward's family further back (his siblings, parents, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know much about Dr. Edwards wife Anne either. I think her name was Anne Jones but could be wrong. Any and all pieces of this puzzle would be helpful to my family tree (and my sanity!).

I believe Hugh & Anne (Ellis) Jones other children to be Catherine, William, Anne, Hugh, Mary Elizabeth, Richard Trevor, Jane & Rowland. I'm not sure of these names and would love to have their complete names, birth, marriage, death date & place info as well.

I live in Wisconsin, USA and haven't been back to Wales since 1981 when I met some relations now deceased. I no longer have contact information for relations still living in Wales. I remember staying at the lovely Regent Court hotel which was then owned by Geoff & Susan (Wincup I think).. she the daughter of a relative Fred & Eileen Savage whom I met when we visited. I don't know Eileen's maiden name.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

11 & 12 Water Street

Water Street. December 27th 1924