County Arms, Dean Street

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

County Arms, Dean Street

Dean Street, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 1UR

Closed 01/11/2004 and now the site of new build offices.

C04A/0663/11/LL
DEMOLITION OF EXISTING BUILDINGS AND PROVISION OF NEW DEVELOPMENT TO PROVIDE RETAIL AND OFFICES.
and Forever Living Products

C05A/0684/11/LL
ERECTION OF BUILDING FOR OFFICE PURPOSES.AMENDED SCHEME AND REVISION TO EXTERNAL APPEARANCE OF THE PLANNING CONSENT GRANTED UNDER CODE REF C04A/0663/11/LL (AMENDMENT TO CONDITION 2 OF THAT CONSENT)
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: County Arms, Dean Street

The North Wales Chronicle and Advertiser for the Principality
3rd December 1915

Edward Dewhurst Edward Dewhurst

Re: County Arms, Dean Street

This was a famous ( infamous ? ) drinking pub.  I recall its walls inside being brown with nicotine and covered with very old pictures, well posed, of a previous landlord who was one of the last of the "bare knuckle fighters" whose son, I believe, took the pub over and was an equally hard man who regularly flung men out onto the street.  He refused me a beer saying "I'm not having your dad coming in here cos of you !!!"  That was it, I never did get a beer in the old place as he "escorted" me out.