Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths

Liesbeth Williams Liesbeth Williams

Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths

I am researching my husband's family. John Williams, 1838-1889, of the Garth Hotel and Edge Hill, and his wife Ann Griffiths, daughter of Griffiths blacksmiths, Glanrafon. John Williams's father was Robert Williams born c1795 of Llandegai. I think when he married Margaret Roberts he was a widower, but I have no record of his previous wife.

John Williams had a brother Matthias, 1832-1904, foreman at the slateworks at Garth whose family I would like to know about.

John's sister, Margaret Williams married a Robert Williams and ran the temperance hotel at 7 High Street at least from 1861 until 1901, after which daughter Mary Williams ran it. One son Philip Williams was an electrical engineer working at Electrical Workshouse, Kings Road, Holyhead. Next door at 5 High Street, was a jewellers and watch keepers run by cousins, Walter McKenzie Williams and Lucy Williams.

I have most of the census records but would be interested to know more recent history of all the families, since 1911. Is anybody related?
David Price David Price

Re: Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths

If you look back at the 'City Buidings.....History' forum on this site, 19 December 20112, you will find some notes I wrote about Walter M. Williams.   Please look at the pdf version.
Liesbeth Williams Liesbeth Williams

RE: Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths

Thank you. Those notes were very informative. I missed them the first time you added them. I am very grateful.

Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 04:31:01 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths

If you look back at the 'City Buidings.....History' forum on this site, 19 December 20112, you will find some notes I wrote about Walter M. Williams.   Please look at the pdf version.

To unsubscribe from Williams Garth Hotel, 5 and 7 High Street and Glanrafon blacksmiths, click here.
NAML