William Williams of High Street 1934 had a Austin 7 Van

Ron Walker Ron Walker

William Williams of High Street 1934 had a Austin 7 Van

We have resently restored an Austin Seven Van, first owned by a William Williams of High Street, Bangor.in atsearch through Gwynedd Archives, I find the two william Williams were trading in 1934 in the High Street, at 303 was a Jeweler,watches & Furnishing, at 364 was a grocer, We wish to have the Van Sign written so who owned it ? did they have a telephone, or do we have to invent something ?
your thoughts to ron@stewk.co.uk or 07768 815070
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: William Williams of High Street 1934 had a Austin 7 Van

And what a nice van it is too! http://www.alexengineering.co.uk/pages/A7.htm ... I take it it is the same one (there can't be many about!)

I've had a quick look in the Advertising Index we have on the site but only found...

http://historical-advertising-bangor-north-wales.2293025.n2.nabble.com/Bowlers-Wm-M-Williams-303-High-Street-td3137818.html

The Directories too are a bit older so only give addresses rather than phone numbers.

I'll have a look in some of the paperwork I have that's not on the site and let you know if anything crops up.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: William Williams of High Street 1934 had a Austin 7 Van

Austin7.pdf

Just come accross this... that looks amazing! so 364 High Street, phone 145, Grocer it is.