William Eames - drowned in Bangor circa 1909

Cajondy Cajondy

William Eames - drowned in Bangor circa 1909

I wonder if anyone can help...

My aunt has recently told me the sad tale of my great great grandfather's (William Eames born c1838) drowning in the early 1900s in the bay near Bangor Pier.
Seemingly there was a storm brewing and he and his son set out to check their boat before the storms arrived.... Sadly, he was drowned (I'm not 100% sure but I think his son was also)

Can anyone provide any further details on this please - maybe it was in the local newspaper at the time?
thanks in advance for any help
Cajondy
David Price David Price

Re: William Eames - drowned in Bangor circa 1909

I've had a quick look at Ancestry.com, and see that William Eames died at Bangor in 1909 (Q2, Apr,May,Jun) aged 69 - Ref. 11b, 309.  You could order the certificate, then find the report in the North Wales Chronicle.

The 1901 Census shows that the family were at 1 Fair View Road, Hirael.

David
Cajondy Cajondy

Re: William Eames - drowned in Bangor circa 1909

Thanks for the reply David - I've got the certificate on order - can't come quickly enough..... Fingers crossed this gives me the details I need to dig further
thanks again for taking the time to check on Ancestry and reply on here
regards
Cajondy