WW1

Noel Headley Noel Headley

WW1

 I am trying to do some research on soldiers from Llanferres killed in the Great War for an exhibition next year in our church to commemorate the centenary.

I have the list of names from the link on your web-site to the memorial in Bangor but need their service numbers to search CWGC records etc

Could you point me in the right direction? - I guess there will be some records in Ruthin Record Office & probably Hawarden, but any initial guidance would be very helpful

I have the details of one soldier, Serj Fernyhough & actually visited where his name is commemorated at Cape Helles on Gallipoli a few years ago.

Thanks in advance
Noel Headley
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: WW1

This post was updated on .
There is a payed for service here: http://www.forces-war-records.co.uk/   ....

I'd maybe try someone on a WWI forum who has access already?

ref

Possibles...

Pte John W Cordiner
Cheshire Regiment
Regimental Number: 36700

Walter Fernyhough
Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
Regimental Number: 20004

Donald Woodward
Welsh Regiment
Regimental Number: 241767
OR
David Woodward
Royal Welsh Fusiliers, Royal Welsh Fusiliers
Regimental Number: 9223, 201375
Jreich44 Jreich44

Re: WW1

Just got done visiting my granddad's grave in Llanferres. His name is John F Fernyhough, and he was killed in WW2 in 1944. After that, we walked into the church and noticed the plaque for W.A. Fernyhough. I didn't know of this Fernyhough, but I'm guessing he was somehow related to John. Just curious if you know any siblings or information on W.A. (Walter Augustus) Fernyhough. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Justin
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

War Memorial Deiniol Road