The houses Haul a Gwynt, Fron Heulog, Arfryn and Bryn Dinas in the vicinity of St James's church appear to be part of a residential development carried out in 1850 under the Liverpool architect H. P. Horner, who also designed St Mary's Church, Bangor. (The Builder of 1850 contains a notice that the Cae Maeslodwig estate has been laid out for building villas and other residences under the direction of Horner.) Horner was the President of the Liverpool Architectural and Archaeological Society 1858-60.
1. John Glynne Jones of Bangor, solicitor. 2. Dorothea Jane Lloyd of Plas Menai, Festiniog, co. Merioneth, widow, (address altered to Arfryn, Bangor). COUNTERPART LEASE for a term of 5 years of a dwelling house called Rofft, Bangor (altered to read Arfryn, Bangor.) Rent: £55 p.a. Plan.
Family/Sur-names associated with Rofft Villas pre 1900 -
Haywood, Griffiths, Cameron, Rowlands, Pritchard