Roberts family

Shedding Light Shedding Light

Roberts family

Hi

I am trying to trace the parents of Robert Pritchard Roberts born c1842 in Bethesda, Caernarvonshire, Wales. How do I access records for this area in order to find this information?

Thank you
David Price David Price

Re: Roberts family

You can easily find all the basic info in the Census Returns and the Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths available online at ancestry.com and the findmypast websites. Most of Bethesda was in Llanllechid parish, and some in Llandegai parish. If  you actually want to see the records, much of it is available at Gwynedd Archives Service (Caernarfon Record Office).
Shedding Light Shedding Light

Re: Roberts family

Yes I have access to that information, however as I live in Dorset, England I am not able to visit the records office.
The records are not very helpful for 1841 and there are an awful lot of Robert Roberts. I shall try and contact them online.
David Price David Price

Re: Roberts family

Gwynedd Archives Service provide an efficient research service for a modest fee.