Richardson

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Richardson

Does anyone know the family John Thomas Richardson and his wife Jane who lived at no.55 Dean Street, previously 13 Clarence Street, and 292 Caernarvon Road. He was a blacksmith on the railway and originated from Crewe, Jane from Nantwich. They had a large family, some of whom are buried in Glanadda. a number of their children died in their early twenties, my great grandmother Evelyn Daisy Richardson being one of them. I cant find out when John or Jane died, Jane lived to a good age as I have photos of her. Any information would be appreciated. They were known to reside at 55, Dean Street, before 1916, as Gladys Elizabeth Richardson passed away there, aged 22

As christmas approaches I remember with a smile our youth when we attended St. Marys youth club. Every christmas with the vicar Mr. Jones , nicknamed Wyatt Earp because of his large hat, would go carol singing. Even though sometimes we didnt want to do this, infact we had a good laugh. We would stand under a lamp post and sing then collectors would knock on doors. At the end of the evening we would visit Mr. Dennis Knowlton sisters house , Green Bank, in Garth for hot mincepies and drinks. Such a simple thing to do but that was the real Christmas spirit, so lacking in todays society

Posted by Linda Kelman 01/12/2008 0048