Rees and Roberts

Keith Rees Keith Rees

Rees and Roberts

Yes, very common names; however, I have some facts which may lead onto someone on the message board being able to assist.

Latest known fact: Robert David Roberts b. 27 Jul 1906 (29 Maese-y-dre) Mold, Flintshire; died Mar Q 1973 Conway, Caernavonshire (no, I have not purchased his death certificate yet)
His birthdate was obtained from his father Thomas Roberts' WW1 military record. He had a sister called Jemima Roberts b. 5 Nov 1902 Mold, Flint - 29 Maese-y-dre would have been the home of Thomas' mother Jemima Roberts, nee Williams.

The childrens' mother would be Emily Rees b. Jan Q 1881 Langefni, Anglesey. Emily Rees had a brother David Lee Rees, born 1877 Langefni. Their mother Mary Davies of Bangor seperated from their father William Manning Lee Rees, and married a mariner John Evans of Panton Street, Bangor.

William Manning Lee Rees died 1911 in Merthyr Tydfil in a workhouse hospital.

My message aims to seeks assistance to find out if David Lee Rees married in Bangor post 1911 Census and had children; and find out more on Emily Roberts and her two children, whom I believe remained in the Bangor district.

The David Lee Rees, late of Llanfynydd,Flint, school master, died at St. Asphe. His Will was proved by his mother Martha Rees of 68 Bute Street, Aberdare, Wales, widow, and he was a brother of the above William Manning Lee Rees. I have his grave photo. Her husband was George Manning Rees, a watchmaker of Fishguard, Pembrokeshire.

Has any one in the Bangor Society come across these families?

Keith
Australia