Prytherch' of Bangor

Meirion Meirion

Prytherch' of Bangor

My family have been collecting information online about our Prytherch ancestors (mother' family) in Bangor (originally from Anglesey). We have found a direct branch of our family located in Strand St & Mason St (1881-1911) & their off-shoots via census documents etc. However we seem to have exhausted most online sources but wish to continue to expand the families knowledge of these Prytherchs. Does anybody have any information on these (or indeed any possibly connected Prytherchs)? We have also been looking in the local cemeteries to see if we can find any burials but as yet we have not found anybody. Anybody know of any Prytherchs buried in Bangor? Any information would be appreciated.
hywyn williams hywyn williams

Re: Prytherch' of Bangor

Meirion

You are probably aware of this Thomas Prytherch:
Pte 20689 T R Prytherch of the 8th Bn RWF who died 17/7/1917 aged 30 years. Son of the late John and Elizabeth Prytherch, of Hirael, Bangor, Carnarvon. Buried in grave XIX.L.8 at Baghdad (North Gate) War Cemetery.
(he is in Cofeb y Dewrion which is elsewhere on this site)

Another Thomas Prytherch:
Thomas Prytherch, 3 Union Street.Enlisted aged 19 years as Pte 3694 in 5th Bn Kings Liverpool Regiment on 13th May 1915. later transferred to Royal Defence Corps as Pte 78708. Discharged 19/9/1918.Shot left buttock, chest and thigh on or around 14/9/1916.

Yet another Thomas Prytherch unless it's the same the above:
Thomas Prytherch, 15 Deans Court. Enlisted aged 18 years as Pte 783 in Denbighshire Hussars Imperial Yeomanry. Discharged 17/9/1914 as having been irregularly enlisted (euphemism for being under age?)

Rowland R Prytherch 35 Dean Street/15 Fountain Street was Driver 321/310066 in the Royal Garrison Artillery. He was a pre war Territorial in the Welsh (Carnarvon) Royal Garrison Artillery, having enlisted around May 1912. (There was an Ambrose Prytherch and a Robert H Prytherch also linked to this unit but I don't know yet where they were from) Driver in this case being horses
I have note of a T Prytherch 15 Dean Street being in tha Army Service Corps (1915) but I haven't anything further yet on him.
Meirion Meirion

Re: Prytherch' of Bangor

This post was updated on .
Thank you for your reply.

We have found much infomation about Thomas R Prytherch (who was my Great Grandfather's (William Prytherch) brother, from various websites and the National Archives.

We have found army form E501 for the Thomas prytherch who lived in 15 Dean Court.

We have also found the service records of a William Samuel Prytherch DOB 1876 but we have not found any further info about him yet?

The third Thomas Prytherch (Union Street) is new to us, as are the other Prytherchs you mentioned.

Once again many thanks for your reply.

Meirion
David Price David Price

Re: Prytherch' of Bangor

I don't know any modern Prytherchs at Bangor, but the Will of David John Prytherch, miller, of Bangor was proved at Bangor in 1728.  You can download the Will from the National Library of Wales website.
Anthony Mort Anthony Mort

Re: W E Prytherch' of Bangor

Searching for any information concerning a W.E. Prytherch of Bangor who was briefly married to Joan Winifred Dodd in 1950s. (Contact Tony Mort - mort@dorimor.co.nz)
wdprytherch wdprytherch

Re: Prytherch' of Bangor

Good Evening

Regarding the Prytherch family, there are 4 brothers.

Rowland WW1 DRIVER, went to live to Abergele
Tom WW1 SNIPER, went to live to Huddersfield
William, no military service
John Henry, my father, WW1 & WW2

Tom was seriously hurt (shrapnel) in the battle of the somme in 1916, they got him back to this country to Mill Hill hospital, London, in 24 hours. My father went to see him.

My fathers cousin died in Mesopotamia, Baghdad (trench fever and sunstroke) when he was 30, in 1917.

All of the above lived in Bangor.