Post Boxes

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Post Boxes

One thing that bugs me looking at the your listed building index is that we have several grade II listed letterboxes, and many others - all in a terrible state, graffited and fly postered. I went to visit relatives in the West Midlands where they're all immaculately painted bright pillar-box red. Why are ours in such a state? In England English Heritage and the Royal Mail have a Joint Policy see here (pdf) surely CADW could do something similar, or maybe the Royal Mail could make more of an effort?

Posted by Bob Morris 03/12/06, 18:39 PM 0001
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Post Boxes

Good points raised. We've contacted the Royal Mail and submitted a pdf of images (583kb) illustrating the poor condition of some of the boxes in central Bangor. We'll keep you posted here with any developments
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Post Boxes

In an update to the condition of the post boxes in Bangor. Royal Mail have given the go ahead for Romec to paint all the boxes in Bangor from this week. Brightly painted red boxes coming to an area near you soon. Romec - Street Furniture Division