Penrhyn Hall masonry

Edward Dewhurst Edward Dewhurst

Penrhyn Hall masonry

Anyone any idea if the limestone carvings on the front aspect have any meaning ?
Every time I look I think my eyes must deceive me as I believe there may be some Latin script present - or am I deluding myself ?
Ta.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Penrhyn Hall masonry

Quite randomly using the site stumbleupon with the kids earlier this evening we came to http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7In1dP/:U0f@H4IC:p52D2OEm/i.redd.it/obzujyzadkq01.jpg which is the evolution of the alphabet as we know it. So with our new found knowledge I think not generally! but I can see why you say it especially with some of the stones... you can image one person doing it being tempted to write a secret message in it !!
Edward Dewhurst Edward Dewhurst

Re: Penrhyn Hall masonry

Well thanks for that, I must stop looking now :)