New Shops

Ian Ian

New Shops

In the Menai Centre a couple of the units just opposite Subway have had windows added to them but I have not seen any signs of work being carried out inside the shops.  Can anyone tell me what is happening to these units?  Are new shops going to open in these units? With so many empty units in the Menai Centre and the centre being regarded as a white elephant because of this, it would be nice of more units in the Menai Centre were being used.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: New Shops

This post was updated on .
They are at 1/2 capacity (11 occupied/11 empty), but on a positive note, more and more businesses are coming in all the time including big name national chains (Body Shop, Animal, H&M, 3, River Island, Cafe Nero...), not just people moving from existing Bangor premises (Debenhams, Superdrug...). They are also filling the largest and most prominent positions too (of which these are the last ones up for grabs).

The glazing being installed is being done by Capita Symonds (See here) the administrators.

See the Brochure - Menai_Bangor_Brochure.pdf

This lists Cafe Nero and one of the units 'under offer' near Marks & Spencers (which I think will be a dental/medical practice) meaning its fairly upto date. It however lists the ones you mention as vacant and the planning application to install the glazing also only refers to Capita Symonds which suggests that they are simply making these units more attractive to us and to prospective renters.

http://red.capitasymonds.co.uk/1/properties/bangor/summary/Pages/Start.aspx