Kyffin Bakery

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Kyffin Bakery

I have recently moved back to the Bangor area and am trying to find photos of Kyffin Bakery now demolished to make way for the car park off the High Street. My father also had a shop in the High Street opposite the City Cinema. My father (Morris) and his brother (Ifor) ran the bakery in Kyffin Square and the bread and cake shop in the High Street opposite the City Cinema until they retired and the bakery demolished, around 1970. I would be interested to see old photos or tales.

Posted by Elfyn Morris Edwards 03/12/2007 0020
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery

I remember Kyffin Bakery very well. My father had the electical shop at the top of Kyffin Sq on the high st. My mother, always bought her bread from the shop you mentioned. We as a treat go to the bakery & buy buns filled with sugar cream! I unfortunately have no photo's. I think you will find that the building was still standing well into the 80's possibly later. My last contact with Kyffin Sq ended 3 Years ago when my Uncle Died, he owned the electrical appliance repair shop just a bit further up from where the Bakery used to be

Posted by Hywel Owen 13/12/2007 0022
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery

Elvyn Edwards, I used to work at the bakery when I was at the then Central School, morning and evening. they were great to work for, Garry Edwards one of the sons married my niece, he used to play for Bangor City FC another great bloke like his dad was.He still lives in Glynne Road

Posted by Ken Hughes 03/19/2008 0028
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery

Thanks to Ken and Hywel for their messages regarding the bakery. Good to know that the buns and the hospitality were appreciated! Sad though that no record exists of the business so much part of old Bangor.

Posted by Elfyn Edwards 04/05/2008 0032
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery

This post was updated on .

Advert for the bakery
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery

Lorna Shaw Lorna Shaw

Re: Kyffin Bakery

I remember Kyffin Bakery well, from 1968 until it closed. It was the best bakery in Bangor, and a place where you always had a friendly chat. The Swansea loaves were especially good. Another thing we got there once was a grey kitten, which we called Kyffin. The little cat family were living in the place where the coal was kept, and the kitten was actually black to start with.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Kyffin Bakery