Glanadda Cemetery

John Lewis John Lewis

Glanadda Cemetery

I am trying to find the grave of a relative buried in the Glanadda cemetery. I believe he was aged 19 when he died in 1905.
His name is Thomas Hugh EVANS.
Any information about the grave's precise locatiion or information from any tombstone would be greatfully received.

Thanks,
John Lewis,Australia
johnlewisaus@hotmail.com
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Glanadda Cemetery

Hi John

I'll have a look this weekend for you, watch this space. Are there any other relatives he may have been buried with?

Matt
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Glanadda Cemetery

After a good search in the cemetery I'm afraid that I failed to find Thomas.

I did visit the Cemetorium in Bangor whose offices have the site map and documents for the graves. However they closed early. If you ask them to do the search they charge £30-£35

I'm going to contact the Senior Municipal Officer in Gwynedd to see it there is any way we can get this information online either on the Gwynedd or Civic Society site.

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Glanadda Cemetery

: i am trying to find were my mothers sister were berried.she were born in st davids hospital bangor about 50 yrs ago,she only lived a few minutes but we dont know were she would be berried.my grandmothers name were Mary Elizabeth Jones.please could u help.

thankyou

maria louise jones
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Glanadda Cemetery

This post was updated on .
Sadly the Council aren't interested in making this information easily accessible. The documentation is in card/paper format with associated maps, so requires manual searching which you can do at set times when the office is open in Bangor (at Llandegai Crematorium) or they will search for you for a fee of around £30-£35 I believe.

Phone: 01766 771000
E-mail GalwGwynedd@gwynedd.gov.uk

The two sites in Bangor are Glanadda (near the old St Davids Hospital site) and Llandegai, both large sites and not chronological in burial, so it's not a case of wondering around or heading to the 1959 zone.

Frustrating for me, and you, if I could help being 'local' I would, and if I had the time I'd do my own map/plan of the ground.