Farrar Road

Glynne Glynne

Farrar Road

With the impending move of the football club to Nantporth, I am writing up the history of some of the most memorable games to be played at Farrar Road. This is a project sanctioned by the Bangor City Supporters Association.

This is not the official history of the club, but rather a celebration of the ground. I am trawling through old press reports of the key games, and am keen to supplement these with the memories of fans and others associated with the club.

If you have memories you would like to share - especially photographic memories, can you please contact me?

I hope to have a first draft of this work completed by the end of 2011.
Clockpostcards Clockpostcards

Re: Farrar Road

Somewhere I have one or two old photos of previous City teams (pre 1960) and also a scrapbook with press cuttings for one of the Cheshire league seasons. I'll dig them out.
Glynne Roberts Glynne Roberts

Re: Farrar Road

That would be brilliant. I've had a few contributions, but all items gratefully accepted!
Thanks
Glynne
Clockpostcards Clockpostcards

Re: Farrar Road

I am about to move into temporary accommodation while my house is being renovated so a lot of possessions are going into storage. Can you get in touch about the above please. Maybe we can meet up somewhere one evening as I work full time.
A Question about the Farrar Road ground
It is my understanding that Lady Janet of Penrhyn Estate sold this land to the Bangor Council for a nominal 1p or at least very few coppers with the proviso that it was to be used in perpetuity as a recreational area for the people of Bangor.
If at any time it ceased to be used for this purpose then it was to be sold back to Lady Janet for the same nominal sum.
Does this mean the Council consider shopping and/or eating a recreation now!