Daimler shadow factory?

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Daimler shadow factory?

I was born in Bangor in 1941. I have an old photo of my father working in an office ( which looks more like a huge bedroom) in Penryn Castle for the Daimler from Coventry. Can anyone tell me anything about the work and people at that time. As my mother died up there I was sent back to Coventry to my Grandparents but my sister and brother who were much older stayed up there for a short time until they left school. St. Gerards and Greyfriars I think. On my birth cert it says Benachie Belmont Ave. I have also found some photos of a large street party. What were they celebrating?

Posted by Irene Shannon (nee Barnett) 12/10/2007 0017