Bangor Pier: NATIONAL PIERS SOCIETY visit Sunday 13th May 2012

SidneyWhitaker SidneyWhitaker

Bangor Pier: NATIONAL PIERS SOCIETY visit Sunday 13th May 2012

 The National Piers Society is holding its AGM in Llandudno this year, on Saturday the 12th May, in the Deganwy Room at "the North Wales Theatre" (2 p.m.) They’ve planned a Guided Tour of Llandudno’s pier, and then a Dinner at 6.30 pm in the Poolside Restaurant of the Empire Hotel “at a cost of £20 for 3 courses including a glass of wine and coffee”.
   On Sunday 13th May, at 9.0 a.m. they will run a coach "for a visit to the beautiful GRADE II* LISTED pier at BANGOR (following which it will travel to BEAUMARIS...    where the pier has recently undergone a £2 million restoration...)"
  Members of  the National Piers Society will surely be glad to see as many supporters of the Bangor Civic Society, and others, enjoying a visit to our pier on this occasion.  I trust they will enjoy a scone and a cup of tea, too!