Bangor High Street

Michael Dodds Michael Dodds

Bangor High Street

May I suggest that finding shops in the high street would be greatly facilitated if street numbers were to be put on their frontages somewhere? At present the majority of shops have no numbers at all so making it difficult even to know which way to  go to find the number required (eg as listed in the phone book).
This improvement could make the Bangor shopping experience less frustrating than it now is, and could thus raise the 'footfall' to the benefit of all. How about it, Bangor.
David David

Re: Bangor High Street

I agree and perhaps at different areas of the High Street a map of the shops should be placed (like they do in the large outlets) so that visitors know where different shops are.

But I think in general the High Street could be made very pretty if shop frontages were all the same and made to look 'traditional' like it is in Chester. The council could also provide shops with paint so that they all have nice bright coloured buildings.
Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Re: Bangor High Street

Edward Dewhurst Edward Dewhurst

Re: Bangor High Street

I couldnt agree more - I am currently doing some research into the high street and several shop "owners" have little idea or are guessing at the actual number of their shop.  It seems that more than once the numbers have been changed thus the sequences are broken at various sections of the high street.  Some of the old Edwardian / Victorian photos and records reflect this conflict of numbering - it seems some "blocks" just include an almost random range of numbers.
It would be far easier to just have a number on the glass high up top right, as is the method in shopping malls, but hey ho I guess the city "planners" have little experience and do not welcome advice.