Ambrose JONES (Cabinet Maker, Upholsterer & Undertaker)

Admin (Matt) Admin (Matt)

Ambrose JONES (Cabinet Maker, Upholsterer & Undertaker)

204 High Street

1891 Census at Warwick House -High Street (Hirael)

Ellen Jones                Wife        45 1846  Female                Anglesea, Heneglwys
Owen Ambrose Jones Son        17 1874  Male Bangor Caernarvonshire Wales
Mary Ambrose Jones Daughter 10 1881  Female Bangor Caernarvonshire Wales

Ambrose_family Ambrose_family

Re: Ambrose JONES (Cabinet Maker, Upholsterer & Undertaker)

I was interested in seeing this as I have been tracing the Ambrose family, who arrive in Bangor in 1715. Robert, the father, was a Yeoman and his son John was a shoemaker. Ambrose street in Bangor is named after them and William (off Ambrose Street) was Robert's brother. They were the only Ambrose in the area during 1700s. I have successfully managed to find the evidence to be able to trace my family tree back to Robert.

Further down the generations, ministers, shoe makers and cabinet makers were the main trades, plus certainly in my family line where the name Ambrose was lost through the women marrying, the name was taken up as a middle name, right up to my Uncle having the name, even though the surname had changed twice through the generations. Robert, John and William were typical first names for the men. So, I was interested to see a cabinet maker with the name William Ambrose Jones in Bangor, though it was a long time afterwards, however, it wouldn't surprise me if this person could be traced back to my family.

Do you have any further information?